Monday, April 11, 2005

article of Gregory Wolfe on Luigi Giussani

Gregory and Suzanne Wolfe are two people whom I deeply admire and respect. This is the first of many posts regarding their writing and thought.

I first met Gregory in the flesh nearly three years ago (summer of 2002) while attending the Int'l Assembly of Responsibles for Communion and Liberation in La Thuile, Italy. I remember it distinctly because he was setting outside smoking a cigar. We began a conversation and from there a friendship began. I had no idea who this man was nor any of personal history (and it's quite impressive)! Five months later he came up to me in the hotel lobby where the the National CL Diaconia was being held and handed me a copy of Image. Here is his most recent Editorial Statement, which is specifically on don Giussani.

No comments: