Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Achievement of C.S. Lewis

By Dr. Peter Kreeft, Boston College
Here is an address delivered at the C.S. Lewis Centennial Celebration, Seattle, Washington, June 1998.

This is one of the best, if not the very best, short introduction to the thought of C.S. Lewis that I ever have read. This is Kreeft at his finest.

I would love to compare and contrast the thought of Lewis, Balthasar, and Giussani. This will take a life-time of study and prayer. My limited intellect is not compatible of such a task, but with Our Lady anything is possible.

Another task, which I've been thinking and reading about over the last few years, is writing an academic article on Our Lady's role in the Universal Call the Holiness, Ecclesiology and Ecumenism. My own experience of leading School of Community in the Bible Belt and my own conversation with don Giussani on Our Lady is the reason why I feel this is so important for our time in these days.

Lastly I desire to write a book on the leading figures of the Ressourcement. One could give basic bios and then reference to their major works. It would serve as an introductory text to lead others to pick up and read these modern masters of Catholic thought. A library of books have been written about individual thinkers, but not one considering the whole body of thinkers. Nothing like this has ever been done (providing the big picture) that I am aware of, but it's needed in my opinion. Does this sound reasonable?

No comments: