Friday, April 22, 2005

Light in a New Dark Age

Here's a great new piece by George Weigel. (If someone has a better link please let me know.) It's been pretty amazing that he has been on NBC, Fr. Neuhaus on EWTN, Msgr. Albacete on CNN & PBS, etc. I much prefer any of them over Fr. Richard McBrien and the various Jesuits that come out of their dark closests. Not all Jesuits are bad though, i.e. Dulles, Fessio, Jape, etc. Let's be fair, it was the Jesuits who formed de Lubac, Balthashar, Jungman, Hardon, Pacwa, Baker, etc.

8 comments:

Fred said...

Ahem. Jape?

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

Yes of course... He's one of the leading, if not THE leading, Jesuit on the public square today.

For those not familiar with the thought of Fr. Jape S.J., I refer you to the New Pantragruel.

Fred said...

Fr. Koterski, at Fordham, is a flesh and blood Jesuit . . .
http://www.fordham.edu/philosophy/faculty/koterski.htm

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

Yes of course, Fr. Koterski is a "SLU man." Didn't he give a talk at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas on Dante recently? I think so.

Do you know for a fact that Fr. Jape is not "flesh and blood?" This is mystery just like our faith.

Anonymous said...

Fr Jape! Which province are you in? I looked you up in the Jesuit directory, and I couldn't find your name!

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

I suspect his province is Crim Tartary.

For more information on Fr. Jape go to

http://www.newpantagruel.com/
about.php#fr_gassalasca_jape_s_j

Fred said...

I went with Fr. K to the Shrine of the North American Martyrs in Auriesville, NY, for a retreat. I know that he is made of flesh and bones. With regard to Fr. Jape, I remain an agnostic.

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

I suspect he could be a member of the Society of St. John. This would follow in the steps (& secrecy) of his mentor.