Thursday, June 02, 2005

Book Meme

Tag I'm it! I've been tagged by Sharon Mollerus of Clairity's Place.

1. I own approx. 2500 books valued at approx. $40,000 to the best of my estimates. I'm a simple hillbilly therefore my math is bad. My life's motto comes from Erasmus, "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

2. The last books (3) I bought was just two days ago on Amazon. It was my birthday!

Christian Faith and Modern Democracy: God and Politics in the Fallen World

Resident Aliens: Life in the Christian Colony

Where Resident Aliens Live: Exercises for Christian Practice

3. The last book I read was What Is The Church? by Regis Martin

4
. The five books that mean a lot to me are as follows:

Sacred Scripture

CCC

Sixteen Documents of the Second Vatican Council, ed. by Douglas Bushman STL

All of the works of Luigi Giussani

God at the Ritz by Lorenzo Albacete

5. I tagged five other people:

Msgr. Albacete at The New Berchet Blog

Fr. Jape. S.J. at The Japery

Marco Bardazzi at Spirit of America

Debra Murphy at the Idyllist

Maclin Horton at Caelum et Terra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek, David, what do I do now? (Good thing I checked in on your blog today...did you send an e-mail?) What's the "format"? Looks like fun.

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

Debra,

Use the general five questions/answers format above. You can add explanations on why you list certain books/authors.