Thursday, March 30, 2006

apology to Scott Hahn

I apologize for any action on my behalf that might have caused harm to Scott Hahn. The post Scott Hahn and Opus Dei has been retracted and any mention of it on my blog.

By all accounts from a variety of folk whom opinions I trust, Dr. Hahn is an incredible teacher and speaker. I know a number of people who have been his students and/or fellow academics near him. His work has been helpful to me in my journey of faith as well. I wish him the best on all future endeavors. Scott and his family are in my prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for apologizing to this wonderful man. He is one of many gifts to the Church in this hour. The attack on him, and others, in the Catholic "blogosphere"has saddened me and made me rethink its value.
May the reaminder of these forty days be a true time for conversion.
Deacon Keith Fournier (I forget my password all the time)

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

Deacon Fournier,

You are also a great gift to the Church in this hour. I am not worthy of your friendship.

I appreciate the fraternal correction given by my friends. You know who you are. I can and will do better with your help!