Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Some Wear Fatigues



 
 

Sent to you by Freder1ck via Google Reader:

 
 

via Some Wear Clerics by khall356 on 10/1/08

Paul_2 From the L.A. Times, surprisingly, comes a story of Jesuit Navy chaplain Fr. Paul Shaughnessy, SJ.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Fr. Shaughnessy and I was inspired by his stories about his work. (Granted, I am not objective about military chaplains, as I am the sister of one.) I asked him an extremely intelligent question: "Weren''t you afraid when you were giving people Last Rites while bombs were falling all around you?" He said, "I had rosary burns."

That made me respect him even more. As I frequently explain to my children, courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is being too scared to move, and moving anyway.

*Bi-locating at Some Have Hats.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: