Thursday, January 14, 2010

How Balthasar Changed My Mind: 15 Scholars Reflect on the Meaning of Balthasar for Their Own Work

Table of Contents
Introduction Larry S. Chap 1
1 A Reflection on Christ, Theological Method, and Freedom Robert Barron 9
2 How Balthasar Shaped My Mind Martin Bieler 26
3 And the Word Became Text: Materialism, the Culture of Despair, and the Spirit of Childhood Anthony DiStefano 40
4 The Message in a Bottle: How Hans Urs von Balthasar Changed My Mind Raymond Gawronski, SJ 58
5 A Few Words on Balthasar's First Word Michael Hanby 74
6 Being Lost: Hans Urs von Balthasar on Love and Hope Nicholas J. Healy 91
7 Not Peace, but a Sword: How Balthasar Changed My Mind Rodney A. Howsare 103
8 Truth Grounded in Love: Han Urs von Balthasar's Theo-Logic and Christian Pedagogy Francesca Murphy 123
9 How Receptivity Opens the Mind for Creative Collaboration Danielle Nussberger 135
10 I Am Not What I Am Because of ... Cyril O'Regan 151
11 The Paradox of Hans Urs von Balthasar Russell Reno 172
12 A Catholic Appropriation of Romantic Themes Tracey Rowland 191
13 Hope and the Freedom of Philosophy David C. Schindler 209
14 Modernity and the Nature of a Distinction: Balthasar's Ontology of Generosity David L. Schindler 224
15 Every Thought Captive to Christ: How Balthasar Changed My Mind about Faith and Philosophy Adrian Walker 259
Notes 279
Contributors 303

1 comment:

Henry A said...

Wow - this look great - I am going to buy a copy.