Wednesday, June 05, 2013

David Bentley Hart's Atheist Delusions: Introduction

CERC - Atheist Delusions: Introduction by DAVID BENTLEY HART
The arrangement of my argument is simple and comprises four "movements": I begin, in part 1, from the current state of popular anti-religious and anti-Christian polemic, and attempt to identify certain of the common assumptions informing it; in part 2, I consider, in a somewhat desultory fashion, the view of the Christian past that the ideology of modernity has taught us to embrace; in part 3, the heart of the book, I attempt to illuminate (thematically, as I say) what happened during the early centuries of the church and the slow conversion of the Roman Empire to the new faith; and in part 4 I return to the present to consider the consequences of the decline of Christendom...
Related Posts - Refer to the posts on Hart below Vigen Guroian.

No comments: