Wednesday, June 22, 2005

new articles on The Tidings

On June 5 His Holiness Karekin II, Catholicos of All Armenians, served a special liturgy in the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, an ecumenical and interreligious event attended by many members of the Armenian Church, Roman Catholic Church and many Jewish, Protestant and Eastern Rite churches...

McBrien on old age pensions for priests

Avery Cardinal Dulles on B16, Levada, etc.

A nice article on recent gospel
Holiness is not a matter of adherence to rules and regulations. Holiness is a matter of clinging to the presence of God like a lifeline.

6 comments:

Fred said...

I don't know. Is the McBrien column at the Tidings the same column printed elsewhere?

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

I'm not exactly sure. Maybe we should ask Santi... I think he's a card-carrying member of the McBrien fan-club. hehe... I'm just joking.

Anonymous said...

Uhh, well that came out of left field. I don't know what would ever make anyone think that I am a member of Fr McBrien's fan club. I do, however, claim the distinction of having once been published in the same newspaper as Fr McBrien. We were on opposite sides of page 5, I believe.

Fred said...

David must have been thinking of the McBrien retirement fan club . . .

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

I had a good laugh on Fred's last point here.

Fr. D.L. Jones said...

The interview with Card. Dulles is outstanding!